Teen Decision offers the “missing piece” in how we as a society have addressed the risks of early intimate relationships. Teen Decision puts the “decision” into the hands of teens by teaching them how to have healthy relationships and how delaying sexual activity can actually improve relationship outcomes.
In June 2015, Teen Decision restarted a 15-year-old program that had had been concluded by its founder due to a lack of funding. In the following years, we were able to reach about 8,000 teens each year in over 30 schools and community groups with the same successful program teachers had come to appreciate. These teachers say our program is integral to their health unit:
- …by far the best program we bring into our schools!
- I have used them for many years; they are the only program that still comes into my classroom.
- Our students LOVE the speakers.
- This program has become an integral part of our health curriculum and helps meet State Goals and Standards.
- Every student in our school is a part of the lessons taught by [this program] and it has impacted our school tremendously.
- At the end of each semester our students overwhelmingly give very positive feedback… As an educator for 21 years, I know that having outside speakers reinforce the lessons and concepts I teach has been critical to our students’ understanding.
Teen Decision offers speakers who come into your class for two- to five-day presentations in a classroom setting, or a 1.5 to 4 hour program in community settings. We also offer parent presentations. You can find out more by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for a description of our teen or parent workshops, or to schedule teen or parent workshops for your school, church or community organization.
Teachers and youth leaders often ask about the resources they see us use in the classroom. Here is how you can get some of our teaching tools:
Beanboozled. If you would like to purchase your very own box of Beanboozled jelly beans, they are available on Amazon.
RAM charts. The RAM charts we use are produced by Love Thinks, Inc. Their site also has student workbooks and the book How to Avoid Falling in
STD Youth Risk PDF
Using Movies to Talk to Teens. Our e-course for parents is available as .pdf downloads here.