What is covered in a workshop?
Most presentations last 1 1/2 to 2 hours and include an opportunity for parents to ask their own questions. All attendees receive a packet of information to take home to help begin (or continue) encouraging your child to practice abstinence. Topics covered in a workshop include:
- A discussion of the sexual and social realities teens are facing every day
- Up-to-date facts about the STD epidemic in our nation, and the continuing problem of teen pregnancy
- Information about the emotional consequences of sexual activity
- Strategies for broaching the topic of sexual risk avoidance with teenagers
- Tips for developing the kind of relationship that strengthens teens
- Personal testimonies from an experienced parent
- And many other valuable resources!
Research in our community and across the nation shows that parents have the greatest influence over their teens’ choices. Hard to believe? Learn more about your influence by hosting or attending a workshop!